At Relocate and Renovate Inc, we agree with the CDC National Center for Injury Prevention and Control that there are a number of things you can do to make your home safer.
- Remove things you can trip over. Keep the stairs and placed where you walk clear.
- Remove small throw rugs or use double-sided tape to keep the rugs from slipping.
- Keep items you use often in cabinets you can reach easily without using a step stool.
- Have grab bars put in next to and inside the tub and next to the toilet.
- Use non-slip mats in the bathtub and on shower floors.
- Improve the lighting in your home. As you get older, you need brighter lights to see well. Hang light-weight curtains or shades to reduce glare.
- Have handrails and lights installed on all staircases.
- Wear shoes both inside and outside the house. Avoid going barefoot or wearing slippers.
Great tips to help you live safer in your own home.